Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mountain Climber

Life is more like a journey than anything else. The road seems to wind forever and switchback to the place where you've thought you've been before, only to realise it is not the same. The more we travel, the farther back we can look and say,"I've been somewhere."

We'll I've been down the winding trail of tears. I've climbed the paramount of shining stars. And to this day, I now stand at a foothill; this is a marvelously unblazed trail, a new territory.
I am meeting with the head of the Graduate Dept. of Logos University , Dr. Rivera. I am astonished that an Academic of this caliber would ask me to breakfast before a scheduled meeting we had about my Masters of Divinity course work. I schedule a meeting and the President of the University asks me to breakfast? I am ecstatic but also shaking in my boots. It is kind of like Mount Sinai, the smoke the fire, the trumpets, and a voice that says "come up here w/ me". I am going to climb the the mountain and see what Jehovah has planed through this encounter. I've, through many blisters, overcome obstacles, major disabilities, taunts and jeers. Now, why stay at the foothills of the familiar ? "I've learned the secret of the men who stared at death and conquered sin...and I'm a mountain climber." As Abram did not know where he was going, so I follow the call that says, "Climb! Feel the fascination of the stars(Gen 6)! Climb higher! Look to the hills(Ps 121) and climb..."

1 comment:

Joanna Christmas said...

I love this post! You're a great writer! I didn't know the guy asked you to breakfast!!! That's really cool. Don't be nervous! You've already been through so much with all of this school stuff, whats the worst that could happen?? hah. You will be fine! See you soon! p.s. keep those posts coming!!